We created the unsustainable mess we’re in—Now we must FIX it.
And to FIX it, we must understand the absolute TRUTH about the most important things in our lives—things like our own health and the ability of our ecosystem to sustain the human species longterm.
In the past few months, I have become even more aware of how the organizations we trust—have failed us miserably. I have written for years about our medical schools (controlled by big Pharma), our nutrition schools (controlled by the food industry), and our USDA (controlled by the livestock industry).
But only recently have I become fully aware of just how badly we have been misled by a group of organizations that we trust most of all. That would be the many large environmental nonprofit organizations (NGOs) around the world. Hundreds of millions of people donate billions of their hard-earned dollars to these groups—trusting them to take care of our planet.
Yet NONE of those large NGOs are telling us exactly HOW our current way of life is grossly unsustainable. Simply speaking, they are not telling us the truth about the single largest driver of our environment’s most critical problems: global warming, water scarcity, soil erosion, deforestation, ocean dead zones, and species extinction.
Why don’t they tell us the truth? Surprisingly, some of them may not even be aware of the truth. The others know that it would hurt their fundraising if they urged their millions of members to drastically reduce (Or, God forbid, eliminate) the amount of meat, dairy, eggs and fish that they consume regularly.
So, I guess it’s up to the activists of the world (like me, John Robbins, Richard Oppenlander, Will Tuttle and others) to broadcast the complete, absolute truth every chance we get.
One chance that I get every day is on the home page of my website at hpjmh.com, where you will be greeted with the following information front and center. These five words may help you remember the FIVE letters of my website:
“Healthy-Planet-J.-Morris-Hicks“ = hpjmh.com
Our generation has created a grossly unsustainable mess and it’s our responsibility to FIX it before it’s too late—and we can’t FIX it if we don’t fully understand the primary causes. — J. Morris Hicks
SUSTAINABILITY is Topic #1 on this site. I write about it in my blogs, I talk about it in interviews and it is featured prominently in my public speaking. Check out this pdf of my upcoming third appearance at Holy Cross College in March. Food. Health. Planet. Our Future as a Species. (A fairly large file)
And now abideth these three: health, hope & harmony; but the greatest of these is harmony. — J. Morris Hicks
URGENCY. After researching since 2002, writing a book in 2010 and blogging since February of 2011, I draw your attention to five recent “big picture” articles that contain civilization-saving information that more of our leaders must grasp VERY SOON:
- 1-25-14. NOTHING is more important than SUSTAINABILITY! All else shrinks to insignificance.
- 1-28-14. Titanic Sets Sail Once More—A different ending A fable illustrating the tragic folly of not informing the public about the environmental horrors of our food choices.
- 2-4-14. Food Choices. The primary cause of global warming? Dedicated to climate specialist Dr. Robert Goodland, who suffered an untimely death in January.
- 2-5-14. Solitude of the cemetery; a place for soul-searching For those of us who care about the future of our children and their children.
- 2-6-14. Cancer. Heart disease. Global warming. Water scarcity. Warning, this one may make you angry.
Handy 5-piece take-charge-of-your-health kit—from Amazon.com
- The movie that’s changing the lives of millions: Forks Over Knives DVD
- Healthy Eating, Healthy World, The “big picture” about food (our book)
- An essential scientific resource: The China Study by Dr. T. Colin Campbell
- Dr. McDougall’s latest book, The Starch Solution, with lots of great recipes
- Dr. Campbell’s new book: WHOLE, Rethinking the Science of Nutrition
Why should we be eating mostly plants? The “big picture” in 4 minutes.
Want to find out how healthy your family is eating? Take our free 4Leaf Survey. It takes 2 or 3 minutes and you can score it yourself. After taking the survey, please give me your feedback as it will be helpful in the development of our future 4Leaf app for smartphones. Send feedback to email@example.com
International. We’re now reaching people in over 100 countries. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter or get daily blog notices by “following” us in the top of the right-hand column. For occasional updates, join our periodic mailing list.
To order more of my favorite books—visit our online BookStore now
Got a question? Let me hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or give me a call on my cell at 917-399-9700.
—J. Morris Hicks, board member since 2012; click banner for more info: