This Site is ALL about Promoting Health. For Ourselves. For Our Planet. For our Future.
Recent Presentation–College of the Holy Cross–May 2, 2018
My primary focus these days is a new initiative, ARCH by 4Leaf, aimed at helping self-insured employers save tons of money on healthcare; i.e., the acronym, “Automatically Reducing the Cost of Healthcare.” Here is a brief Introduction to ARCH
What is your number? That is the title of a BSB (Bite-Size Blog) about the 4Leaf Survey: how to take it online, how to find the online report for your level and how to share it with others. Click on the image at right for more info on “Bite-Size” Blogs.
Our #1 Sustainability Problem: Overpopulation. Want to clearly see what’s happened to the world’s population since the time of Christ? Watch this 5-minute video as it traces human population from a few million to the 9 billion projected by 2050. Each yellow dot represents one million humans, and by the year 2000, it looks like the entire world is “on fire” as our we add almost 3 billion people during the last five seconds (from 2000 to 2050).
The good folks at the Global Footprint Network have concluded that our planet can only sustain indefinitely, a population of 2 billion people at the lifestyle of the average European. Clearly we have a huge problem on our hands, with no solution in sight.
World Population, having tripled during my lifetime, stands at 7.60 billion, as of 2-7-18, and still adding a net 230,000 new mouths to feed every single day. See dynamic World Population in real time. The U.N. projects we’ll have ten billion people by 2056.
Things that we value most—family, health, freedom, happiness, friends, peace and wealth—do not exist without sustainability. In other words, if we don’t quickly learn how to live in harmony with nature, life will be nothing more than a hell on Earth for those few of us who survive. —J. Morris Hicks
SUSTAINABILITY is Paramount. I write about it in my blogs, I talk about it in interviews and it is featured prominently in my public speaking. In my role as a sustainability enthusiast, one of my favorite speech titles is: SUSTAINABILITY. Ecology. Civilization. Humans. For more information, visit my Speaking page.
TEN recent SUSTAINABILITY blogs featured below. They are among over 1,000 of my blogs related to the “big picture” consequences of our food choices. For the fifty most recent blogs, scroll down in the right hand column>>
- Our Pathway to Sustainability Just Got More Difficult 3-9-17
- Our own health, or the health of our ecosystem? 9-16-16
- NOTHING is more Important than Sustainability! 1-25-14
- Tearing down the single biggest roadblock to sustainability 10-23-14
- The ONLY viable pathway to SUSTAINABILITY 8-4-14
- Food Choices. The primary cause of global warming? Robert Goodland. 2-4-14
- Cancer. Heart disease. Global warming. Water scarcity. 2-6-14
- Were humans the “infestation” of Easter Island? 8-9-13
- “Living in Harmony with Nature” by Ted Turner. 2-26-14
- “Not-so-funny” cartoon series. Saving our ecosystem. 3-3-14
The following five books and one DVD can be purchased on Amazon for a grand total of less than $60—and will enable you to understand the overwhelming challenges we face—along with the single most-powerful solution of all.
Six-Pack from Hicks—for health, hope & harmony on planet Earth
- Healthy Eating, Healthy World, The ”big picture” about food (our book)
- A life changer for millions, including James Cameron. Forks Over Knives DVD
- An essential scientific resource: The China Study by Dr. T. Colin Campbell; the primary book that influenced Bill Clinton to adopt a whole food, plant-based diet.
- What have we done to our planet? Full Planet, Empty Plates by Lester Brown
- A horrifying wake-up call for leaders. TEN BILLION by Dr. Stephen Emmott
- Food choices are the primary cause of our environmental problems, yet our world leaders, scientists & experts are Comfortably Unaware, by Richard Oppenlander.
Want to talk about any of the above? Call me at 917-399-9700 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
International. We’re now reaching people in over 100 countries. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter or get daily blog notices by “following” us in the top of the right-hand column. For occasional updates, join our periodic mailing list.
To order more of my favorite books—visit our online BookStore now