9-28-16. Ready to travel and speak anywhere. Posted above is my latest “go-to” presentation on SUSTAINABILITY. There are a total of 57 slides in this PowerPoint talk that can be delivered in any requested timeframe from 30 to 90 minutes.
Amazing Video Graph by NOAA — “PumpHandle 2014”
A history of atmospheric carbon dioxide; watch carefully for just over three minutes as it covers 800,000 years of history. Note that the video stops briefly at year 2014, then goes all the way back to the Ice Age. For latest data visit: CO2 ppm at Mauna Loa. Please share with all climate change deniers.
This site is ALL about promoting health…
For Humans AND for our Ecosystem
Things that we value most—family, health, freedom, happiness, friends, peace and wealth—do not exist without sustainability. In other words, if we don’t quickly learn how to live in harmony with nature, life will be nothing more than a hell on Earth for those few of us who survive. —J. Morris Hicks
4Leaf Guide. List price $13.88. For $5 off, use discount code BVYYXVY4 in our eStore. Click image to preview.
Our ecosystem is in BIG trouble! In a nutshell, the primary problem is our global feeding model—we’re eating the wrong food. And it’s taking a huge toll on our own health and, more importantly, the health of the ecosystem that sustains us as a species.
Not only are our food choices of meat, dairy, eggs and/or fish at almost every meal driving our out- of-control cost of healthcare— they’re also the primary cause of climate change. Incredibly, they’re also the leading drivers of water scarcity, soil erosion, species extinction, ocean pollution, deforestation & world hunger.
Complex Problems—Refreshingly Simple Solution. When enough humans simply choose to eat mostly whole, plant-based foods, it will be the biggest Win-Win in the history of the world. No less than our future as a species hangs in the balance.
SUSTAINABILITY is Topic #1. I write about it in my blogs, I talk about it in interviews and it is featured prominently in my public speaking. In my role as a sustainability activist, my favorite speech title is: Food. Health. Planet. Our Future as a Species. For more information, visit my Speaking page.
URGENT. TEN recent SUSTAINABILITY blogs featured below. They are among over 900 blogs related to the “big picture” consequences of our food choices. We also continue adding about 230,000 people to our planet every single day–now standing at 7.45 billion as of September 2016. For the fifty most recent blogs, scroll down in the right hand column>>
- NOTHING is more Important than Sustainability! By comparison, all else shrinks to insignificance. 1-25-14.
- Tearing down the single biggest roadblock to sustainability My “locked brains” article. 10-23-14.
- The ONLY viable pathway to SUSTAINABILITY It will be impossible for us to EVER live in harmony with nature—without radically changing our food choices. 8-4-14.
- Food Choices. The primary cause of global warming? Dedicated to the memory of the great climate specialist Dr. Robert Goodland. 2-4-14.
- Cancer. Heart disease. Global warming. Water scarcity. Warning, this one may make you angry. 2-6-14.
- Were humans the “infestation” of Easter Island? I believe that they were and think that you will agree. Contains two great videos, 1-minute and 7-minutes. 8-9-13
- “Living in Harmony with Nature” by Ted Turner. Perhaps the world’s last chance to save us all from the horrors of global warming. 2-26-14.
- “Not-so-funny” cartoon series. Saving our ecosystem. There is no FUN way to describe what we’re doing to our planet. This is VERY serious stuff. 3-3-14.
- Now that I am officially an activist…This post features my Bill & Melinda letter and was inspired by someone telling me to “persevere.” 4-9-14.
- They say that Nero fiddled while Rome burned…Most humans think that life has never been better on this planet. Reminds me of Easter Island. 4-19-14.
Printer-Friendly One-Pagers. As a former engineer and corporate executive, I know the importance of being able to make your case and describe a course of action on a single sheet of paper. That’s exactly what I have done here:
- My “story” on one page. How I progressed from engineer, to business executive, to corporate headhunter to sustainability activist. My one-page story
- Searching for Leadership. Here’s where I leverage all three stages of my career in searching for that one powerful leader who is so urgently needed to execute my One-Page Recipe for Saving our Ecosystem
- Promoting The Plantrician Project. We’ll never see a massive shift to plant-based eating until we get the physicians onboard. And we need your help to hasten the arrival of the “future of medicine.” One-pager for Plantrician—Promoting the future of medicine
- Wellness Consulting for Corporations. Our flexible consulting approach for promoting health—and slashing the cost of health care in all kinds of organizations. 4Leaf Corporate Wellness one-pager. For more details on corporate wellness, click here.
The following five books and one DVD can be purchased on Amazon for a grand total of less than $60—and will enable you to understand the overwhelming challenges we face—along with the single most-powerful solution of all.
Six-Pack from Hicks—for health, hope & harmony on planet Earth
- Healthy Eating, Healthy World, The ”big picture” about food (our book)
- A life changer for millions, including James Cameron. Forks Over Knives DVD
- An essential scientific resource: The China Study by Dr. T. Colin Campbell; the primary book that influenced Bill Clinton to adopt a whole food, plant-based diet.
- What have we done to our planet? Full Planet, Empty Plates by Lester Brown
- A horrifying wake-up call for leaders. TEN BILLION by Dr. Stephen Emmott
- Food choices are the primary cause of our environmental problems, yet our world leaders, scientists & experts are Comfortably Unaware, by Richard Oppenlander.
Want to talk about any of the above? Call me at 917-399-9700 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
International. We’re now reaching people in over 100 countries. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter or get daily blog notices by “following” us in the top of the right-hand column. For occasional updates, join our periodic mailing list.
To order more of my favorite books—visit our online BookStore now