The number “one” is always a good place to start. So why not make today — your day— to begin something great? It all begins with awareness and knowledge. For only when people everywhere know enough about the horrible consequences of what we’re feeding ourselves — are widespread changes likely to happen.
So, on this special Veterans Day, I have pulled together a couple of lists to help build that awareness and knowledge. And guess what? Each list of blog-posts has eleven items on it. The first is based on popularity while the second is aimed at providing you with information that you need to know in as little time as possible. Our 4-Leaf Program tops both lists. First, the most popular…
List # 1 — The eleven most-viewed posts or pages after 276 consecutive daily blogs
- 4-Leaf Program Introductory Page
- Steve Jobs. Vegan? Early death from pancreatic cancer?
- “4-Leaf” eating…positive, simple, flexible and POWERFUL!
- Eating healthy in the A.M. — “Sailors Oatmeal” at mid-morning
- Meals 101 Page – A simple guide to creating healthy “4-Leaf ” meals
- Dr. Oz Show — focusing on plant-based, whole foods
- Sailors Super Lunch; single men can eat healthy too…
- Clarifying the ubiquitous “protein myth”
- “4-Leaf” eating, Part 2 — Analysis of current diet
- Oz takes “confusion over clarity” to a new level – TIME
- Oz hits a HOME RUN with Julieanna Hever…
Congratulations to Dr. Oz for appearing in the “popularity list” three times. As we know, he is the most famous doctor in America — but we must remember that he is now in the entertainment business. That means that what you learn on the show one day may be completely contrary to what you might learn on another day. But, in his defense, he does provide much-needed exposure for the plant-based movement from time to time — and for that we are grateful. Maybe one day he’ll even feature our 4-Leaf Program on his show.
My list was designed to take you down a simple path of learning, beginning with our own health. Of course, the “protein” question is addressed early as the evidence supporting plant-based eating gradually builds. Finally, my post #11 is somewhat of a crescendo of intensity as I attempt to help you experience your very own blinding flash of the obvious.
Finally, I mentioned two movies in the following list. If you haven’t seen HOME or Earthlings, maybe you could take time this weekend for a little relaxed viewing.
List #2 — My top eleven — for helping you grasp the “big picture”
- Healthy Diet. 4-Leaf Program Introductory Page
- Protein. Clarifying the ubiquitous “protein myth”
- Seafood? FISH…the natural diet for humans? A “big picture” view
- Weight? Effortless weight-loss — on the “4-Leaf” road to vibrant health
- Reverse disease? Got Type 2 Diabetes? “Get rid of it,” says Dr. Ornish
- Our “system.” Do insurance companies “really” want us to be healthy?
- Animals. COMPLICITY — Billions of animals suffering in factory farms
- Water. It’s all about the WATER…huge problem – simple solution
- Environment. “Running roughshod” over our planet at the 7 billion mark.
- The Children. Deadliest oxymoron on Earth — Healthy Kids Menu
- Big Picture. Blinding flash of the obvious; my 20-minute speech outline.
Now, I don’t know about you, but this morning at 11:11, I plan to have a delicious bowl of my Sailors Daily Oatmeal. And at 11:11 this evening, I shall be sound asleep, striving to get my necessary 8 hours of rest. Guess I could go to bed real early and shoot for eleven hours.
Have a very nice 11-11-11 (Veterans Day). If you like what you see here, you may wish to join our periodic mailing list. Also, for help in your own quest to take charge of your health, you might find some useful information at our 4-Leaf page.
And if you like what 4-Leaf eating is doing for you and your family, you might enjoy visiting our new “4-Leaf Gear” store. From the seaside village of Stonington, Connecticut – Be well and have a great day.
If you’d like to order our book on Amazon, visit our BookStore now.
—J. Morris Hicks…blogging daily at HealthyEatingHealthyWorld.com
SHARE and rate this post below…One more thing, occasionally an unauthorized ad may appear beneath a blog post. It is controlled by WordPress (a totally free hosting service). I do not approve or personally benefit whatsoever from any ad that might ever appear on this site. I apologize and urge you to please disregard.