Bite # 1. “Did you know that erectile dysfunction can save your life?”
That’s right. It turns out that heart disease and E.D. are basically the same disease — restricted blood flow in our arteries — ALL of our arteries. Caused in both cases by the same thing: a build-up of plaque which is a direct result of eating a typical Western diet. So, if you have E.D., let that be your wake up call to take action now — and when you eat 4-Leaf to take care of your E.D.; you will simultaneously be taking care of the other disease — hopefully before you have your first heart attack.
Bite #2. “The reality, Matt [Lauer], is that we are what we eat. Every bite we put in our mouths is either one step toward disease or one step towards health; there is no in between!”
While researching for our book, we discovered that the human body actually replaces all 100 trillion cells every ten years. So, I did the math to figure out how many cells are affected by every bite. After counting my bites for a few days, I came up with a staggering number. On average, I computed that the future health of 100 million cells is riding on every single bite you put in your mouth. And we want to help you make every bite count.
Bite #3. Seven billion people; eight billion arable acres. Do the math –there’s simply not enough land for our typical Western diet to continue for much longer.
- It requires about three acres to feed just one person our wasteful diet — so there’s only enough land to feed a maximum of around three billion people.
- If everyone at a whole foods, plant-based diet, there would be enough land to feed 48 billion people.
- And since the Earth will probably never have more than nine billion people, about 80% of that arable land could be returned to planet-friendly forests, meadows, and prairie.
Sound Bite Series…
- Big Picture — First edition (7-21-11)
- Wasteful, Harmful and Cruel (7-26-11)
- Environment — Land & trees (7-27-11)
- Environment — Water (7-28-11)
- Environment — Climate change (7-29-11)
- Environment — Biodiversity (7-30-11)
If you like what you see here, you may wish to join our periodic mailing list. Also, for help in your own quest to take charge of your health, you might find some useful information at our 4-Leaf page. From the seaside village of Stonington, Connecticut – Be well and have a great day.
If you’d like to order our book on Amazon, visit our BookStore now.
—J. Morris Hicks…blogging daily at HealthyEatingHealthyWorld.com
PS: Occasionally an unauthorized ad may appear beneath a blog post. It is controlled by WordPress (a totally free hosting service). I do not approve or personally benefit whatsoever from any ad that might ever appear on this site. I apologize and urge you to please disregard.