For our grassroots revolution to succeed, we must get some mainstream people onboard…and I’m trying to do my part.
Yesterday, we received the tenth and final endorsement for our book — from Dr. Neal Barnard, the founder and president of the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine in Washington, D.C. He has also written over a dozen books on reversing diabetes, healthy eating, etc. He wrote this about our book:
“Healthy People, Healthy World is more than an eye-opening, fact-filled book about the causes of poor health. It is a map leading directly to the cure. In the process, it points the way toward solving the seemingly unrelated problems of environmental destruction and world hunger. It is sensible, direct, and right.”
This brings our total list to eleven, if you count the all-important foreword by Dr. T. Colin Campbell and his son, Nelson. From the very beginning, we wanted our book to resonate with “mainstream” people around the world. We knew that if we just appealed to the vegetarians and vegans that we wouldn’t reach near as many people — and if we’re going to change the world, we need to reach a lot of people and SOON. And while we never heard back from Oprah or President Clinton, I am very pleased to announce that our list of eleven endorsers includes:
- Two scientists; one from Cornell and the other, M.I.T. (T. Colin Campbell and Raymond Francis)
- Two prominent women writers who appeal to broad cross-section of female readers throughout the world (Alexandra Stoddard, Living a Beautiful Life, and Kim Barnouin, Skinny Bitch)
- Four medical doctors, including two who were influential in helping President Bill Clinton choose the plant-based lifestyle (Dean Ornish, Caldwell Esselstyn, Jr., Neal Barnard and Joel Fuhrman)
- The most prolific writer, speaker and activist in the world on the broad topic of health, environmental issues, and the suffering of animals — John Robbins
- One former rancher turned vegetarian, writer, speaker and lobbyist for more environmentally friendly farming methods (Howard Lyman)
- And last, but not least, one former Fortune 100 CEO (Paul Allaire, Xerox 1990-1999)
As for our grassroots revolution, like The China Study, our book is one that you can share with your mainstream friends. Unlike The China Study, it can be read in a single afternoon and easily understood by the average 8th grader.
And whether or not readers of our book make any changes in their own lives, it contains a lot of well-documented information on many subjects that they should at least consider before making their own lifestyle choices for their families.
If you like what you see here, you may wish to join our periodic mailing list. Also, for help in your own quest to take charge of your health, you might find some useful information at our 4-Leaf page. From the seaside village of Stonington, Connecticut – Be well and have a great day.
If you’d like to order our book on Amazon, visit our BookStore now.
—J. Morris Hicks…blogging daily at HealthyEatingHealthyWorld.com
PS: Occasionally an unauthorized ad may appear beneath a blog post. It is controlled by WordPress (a totally free hosting service). I do not approve or personally benefit whatsoever from any ad that might ever appear on this site. I apologize and urge you to please disregard.