This may be my most important post ever…
Happy 4th of July weekend! America’s Holiday — when over 90% of our nation’s children will be eating hot dogs and hamburgers from the backyard grill. This warm family scene illustrates the saddest part of our dietary knowledge conundrum in the western world — the innocent children — those who are learning to eat the most toxic diet in the history of humankind.
Now, I am convinced that ALL parents truly want the best for their children, BUT — how can we expect them to know what they should feed them? Since they are very unlikely to hear about a truly “health promoting” diet-style from their physician, the media, our government or the food companies; how are they going to learn the not-so-well-known complete truth about nutrition?
They’re going to learn the same way Bill Clinton learned — by listening to some enlightened scientists and physicians like T. Colin Campbell, Dean Ornish and Caldwell Esselstyn. Soon, they will be able to learn from reading our book — endorsed by all three of these great men. But, in the final analysis, they will have to proceed according to their own convictions — hopefully trusting the integrity of the brave professionals who helped our former president take charge of his health.
On that note; just last week, a reader from the Isle of Wight in the U.K. wrote, ” I follow your blog because it helps reinforce my conviction that I am on the right track. I do wish you success, but you have got a very big mountain to climb; there are so many authoritative but contradictory voices.” And Frances is so right about those “many authoritative but contradictory voices.”
For the past five years, my “go-to” gift for new parents has been a copy of my friend Dr. Joel Fuhrman’s Disease Proof Your Child. Without proselytizing, it has been my way of at least giving them a chance to learn the truth about this crucial topic — while those precious children are very young. My gift hasn’t always worked; either they haven’t read the book or they simply could not accept the message because of all those “authoritative but contradictory voices” out there.
But, it did work in two cases. It worked for the father of those four beautiful children shown here and for the mother of my one “southern” grandchild. I would be speaking of my own two children — Jason (37), of Holden, MA, and Diana (31), of Roswell, GA.
Maybe you know of some parents who might benefit from the information on this blog. This is my seventh post dedicated primarily to the children. The first few lines of the previous six are shown below — They all come up instantly if you click on the “Children” category in the drop-down list of Categories in the right column. Or you just click on the links below.
Please send this along to someone you love. The evidence is growing, even Dr. Spock learned the truth before he died and shifted to a “meat-and-dairy-free” diet in his early nineties — and wrote about his late-life revelation in the last edition of his famous book — second only in all-time, world-wide sales to the Holy Bible. See the fifth link below.
Want to come back to these six blogs later? Then scroll on down, I don’t want you to miss the closing remarks of my most important post ever…
1. Michelle, it’s time to tell the world about “meat & dairy.” Dear Michelle, I love what you’re trying to do regarding the health of the children. I am just wondering when you think you might be ready to tell the world the truth about the “low-fat dairy” and “healthier meats” that … Continue reading →
2. Food allergies rising among children — says study Big Story On the NBC Evening News AND in USA Today How can we expect to not have food allergies when 95% of Americans are eating nowhere near the natural diet for our species? So it comes as no great … Continue reading →
3. Childhood Obesity — A “4-Leaf” school-teacher sounds off At home, at school, at the soccer game, in the restaurants — the wrong food for our species is ubiquitous. We know from overwhelming scientific and clinical evidence that the natural diet for our species is whole plants — in … Continue reading →
4. Early puberty — a realtime update from a reader After blogging on this subject last week,one of my readers shared it with her daughter — whose six-year old was showing some early puberty signs. Just received an email from this young mother (a school psychologist) on Monday… Hi Jim, … Continue reading →
5. No cow’s milk for humans at any age…even Dr. Spock agrees Last week, I posted a blog on the topic of early puberty and the problems involved. In that blog, Dr. McDougall and Dr. Fuhrman stated vehemently that they do in fact know the cause of early puberty — Dr. McDougall … Continue reading →
6. Extremely early puberty…Would you believe 6 years old? A front page article on this topic appeared in the USA Today on April 11, 2011. The complete headline reads: PUBERTY TOO SOON…Girls are maturing faster than ever, and doctors are not sure why. By Liz Szabo — USA Today … Continue reading →
My closing remarks on this crucial topic
As I said in the title; there is NOTHING more important than what you feed your children. In so doing, you are affecting the health of all generations that follow. Your kids will teach their kids whatever you teach them. And the earlier you get them on the right track, the better.
Finally, you have it within your power to virtually ensure that none of your children will ever suffer from heart disease, cancer, diabetes, obesity and a host of other maladies.
Don’t take that responsibility lightly. Read all six of those blogs, buy Joel Fuhrman’s book, and maybe — just maybe — you will muster the courage to overcome all those “authoritative but contradictory voices” that you will continue to hear for many years to come — long after your children have established their life-long eating habits.
One more thing, if you family doesn’t have a copy of this book, you should order one from Amazon today. As you can see from the caption beneath the cover, it was written “for the children of the world.” A must read for all of us trying to “climb that very big mountain” of changing how we perceive our food in the western world.
If you like what you see here, you may wish to join our periodic mailing list. Also, for help in your own quest to take charge of your health, you might find some useful information at our 4-Leaf page. From the seaside village of Stonington, Connecticut – Be well and have a great day.
If you’d like to order our book on Amazon, visit our BookStore now.
—J. Morris Hicks…blogging daily at HealthyEatingHealthyWorld.com
PS: Occasionally an unauthorized ad may appear beneath a blog post. It is controlled by WordPress (a totally free hosting service). I do not approve or personally benefit whatsoever from any ad that might ever appear on this site. I apologize and urge you to please disregard.