Karen’s Indian Spice Cauliflower Dish
This recipe is from a good friend of ours, Karen, who brought this to one of our 4Leaf parties. With its many Indian spices, this dish is delicious, not to mention super easy to make!
- 3/4 cup onion, diced
- 4 large cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cardamom*
- 1 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, if desired
- 4 Tablespoons of dried currants or raisins
- 8 cups cauliflower chopped, or about 1 1/2 – 2 heads
- 4 cups chopped tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger root
- 4 Tablespoons dry red wine
- 3 cups green beans, ends cut and then cut in half
- whole grain optional
* Cardamom is expensive but worth the flavor. You can substitute cinnamon.
- Place a large pan on medium and saute the onion and garlic until soft in water or liquid of choice
- Add the spices, salt and currants or raisins and mix.
- Add the cauliflower, chopped tomatoes and ginger root. Simmer, covered, over low heat until cauliflower is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Uncover, add the wine, and simmer until cauliflower is tender, about another 10 minutes.
- Eat as is or add over whole grain and enjoy!
- Makes 6-8 servings
For a “printer-friendly” one-pager, ideal on your fridge with a magnet—Just click here for a PDF.
Let me hear from you: email@example.com
If you like what 4Leaf eating is doing for you and your family, you might enjoy visiting our new “4Leaf Gear” store. From the New England village of Holden, Massachusetts — Be well and have a great day.
If you’d like to order our book on Amazon, visit our BookStore now. Also some great recipe books.