What are you feeding your children?
In a short video below, Dr. Michael Greger tells us all about the “toxic soup” found in many of our popular fast “foods.” The data from the EPA shows that for a Big Mac or a scoop of Haagen-Dazs ice cream, they contain 400 times the maximum dose (for children) of dioxin. For Pizza Hut and KFC products, it was 1,000 times the daily limit. Keep those numbers in mind as you review the following list of reasons for adopting a plant-based diet for you and your family.
Reasons for adopting a whole foods, plant-based diet are many. Recently, I created a top-ten list of those reasons and posted them on a chart alongside a top ten list of tips for achieving success in your transition.
My top-ten list of reasons for plant-based eating:
- Promote your own vibrant health for the rest of your life.
- Give your own children the gift of health.
- Ensure the health of your grandchildren and all of those who follow them.
- Save $$ on your medical bills and avoid the old nursing home.
- Reduce your total carbon footprint by 30%.
- Reduce your total water consumption by 90%.
- Help to end the needless suffering of billions of animals.
- Free up enough land to feed up to fifteen of the world’s hungry.
- It’s your chance be a key part of restoring harmony on our precious planet.
- Help your body seek its ideal weight – effortlessly.
For a printer-friendly copy of the above list, just send a message to email@example.com and mention “top ten” in the subject line.
Keep that list of ten in mind as you listen to Dr. Greger in the following video (less than 4 minutes). In my list, two of my top ten were about the children.
We know that everyone cares about their children, and once they have enough information, they will do the right thing.
For your convenience I have pulled together a few previous blogs on the topics of contaminated foods and children’s health. The second one features an 80-minute video by Dr. Walter Veith.
Want to receive some occasional special news from us? You may wish to join our periodic mailing list. Also, for help in your own quest to take charge of your health, you might find some useful information at our 4Leaf page.
If you’d like to order our book on Amazon, visit our BookStore now.
And if you like what 4Leaf eating is doing for you and your family, you might enjoy visiting our new “4Leaf Gear” store. From the seaside village of Stonington, Connecticut – Be well and have a great day.
—J. Morris Hicks…blogging daily at HealthyEatingHealthyWorld.com
SHARE and rate this post below…One more thing, occasionally an unauthorized ad may appear beneath a blog post. It is controlled by WordPress (a totally free hosting service). I do not approve or personally benefit whatsoever from any ad that might ever appear on this site. I apologize and urge you to please disregard.