Dr. Brian Clement, Director of the Hippocrates Institute, explains how.
Last month, I visited with my friend Jackie Campisi (and husband Greg) in Stonington, CT. While enjoying a delicious and super-healthy, raw-vegan lunch on their patio, Jackie told me how she’d recently followed the Ann Wigmore, Hippocrates Institute approach in recovering from stage 4 metastatic cancer in her spine. Click here for Jackie’s story in the New London Day.
Hear Dr. Clement in Mystic, CT, on Sept. 9. Click here to view the flyer and to purchase your early-bird ticket for $20. The event will be held at the Mystic Marriott, beginning at 7 pm. I am unable to attend but donated a stack of signed copies of my book that will be used as door prizes.
Also, Jackie has already printed 300 copies of my 4Leaf Survey (now used by eCornell) and will offer them to anyone who’d like to estimate the percent of their daily calories from whole, plant-based foods.
Dr. Clement will speak on the topic “Power of Live Food to heal Diseases and Conquer Aging.” In this lecture, he will address the half-century of work on disease and longevity conducted at the renowned Hippocrates Institute. These lifestyle protocols enabled Jackie to decrease inflammation & strengthen her immune system.
Reversing or Curing Cancer. Fact or Fiction? Unlike heart disease and type 2 diabetes—which are both almost totally reversible with a whole food, plant-based diet—curing cancer with food is a different story. The problem is that cancer may be growing in your body for 15 or 20 years before it can even be detected. And, oftentimes, it’s simply too late.
So the real name of the game is PREVENTION. You may have heard the phrase, “Your genes load the gun, but lifestyle choices (particularly our diet) pull the trigger.” As Dr. T. Colin Campbell (Cornell) has found in his fifty-year career in nutritional science, the cancer gene can be “turned on—AND off” with the introduction and removal of animal protein. (See video below).
In other words, you may have all the genes necessary for breast cancer to grow, but if you never turn those genes on, the cancer never begins. Take a few minutes to view this 10-minute video of Dr. Campbell, speaking last year on this subject.
No hard data on humans. Unfortunately, there are no studies on humans that prove the above. My “dream study” would be to put 1,000 people on a whole food, plant-based diet at birth and then monitor them for life. I would wager that NONE of them would die of cancer.
And because I believe that, I decided (at age 58) to eat a whole food, plant-based diet for the rest of my life. If there are some un-detected tumors in my body, then I am confident that my 4Leaf diet-style will either slow, stop or reverse them. Want to find out if you’re eating at the 4Leaf level? Print out a one-pager here and take our 4Leaf Survey
Our nation’s “War on Cancer” began 43 years ago and is, by far, the longest running war in the history of the United States. In fact, it’s longer than all of our military wars combined.
Over fifty of my nearly 900 blogposts have been on the subject of cancer. Here are a few of the more popular ones:
- My blog-post of 6-11-13. What’s FOOD got to do with cancer? The short answer is just about everything, but you won’t hear that from anyone in mainstream medicine.
- My blog-post of 5-1-13. Cancer. Too much hoopla. Not much help.
- My blog-post of 3-4-13. CANCER. The Suffering. The Expense. The Tragedy.
- My blog-post of 1-17-13. Cancer, in general—a summary of some astounding truths
- New London Day 8-27-14. ‘Living foods’ talk to benefit Stonington woman recovering from cancer
- My blog-post of 12-13-12. Who can you trust when it comes to what causes cancer?
- My blog-post of 10-6-12. Riding the cancer train to fame and fortune
- My blog-post of 7-26-12. Reversing cancer; not quite as simple as heart disease
- My blog-post of 7-16-12. The “war on cancer” turns 41; now a major industry…
Meet Dr. Clement in Mystic, CT, on Sept. 9. Click here to view the flyer for the event and to purchase your early-bird ticket for $20.
The following five books and one DVD can be purchased on Amazon for a grand total of less than $60—and will enable you to understand the overwhelming challenges we face—along with the single most-powerful solution of all.
Six-Pack from Hicks—for health, hope & harmony on planet Earth
- Healthy Eating, Healthy World, The “big picture” about food (our book)
- A life changer for millions, including James Cameron. Forks Over Knives DVD
- An essential scientific resource: The China Study by Dr. T. Colin Campbell; the primary book that influenced Bill Clinton to adopt a whole food, plant-based diet.
- What have we done to our planet? Full Planet, Empty Plates by Lester Brown
- A horrifying wake-up call for leaders. TEN BILLION by Dr. Stephen Emmott
- Food choices are the primary cause of our environmental problems, yet our world leaders, scientists & experts are Comfortably Unaware, by Richard Oppenlander.
Why should we be eating mostly plants? The “big picture” in 4 minutes.
Want to find out how healthy your family is eating? Take our free 4Leaf Survey. It takes 2 or 3 minutes and you can score it yourself. After taking the survey, please give me your feedback as it will be helpful in the development of our future 4Leaf app for smartphones. Send feedback to email@example.com
International. We’re now reaching people in over 100 countries. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter or get daily blog notices by “following” us in the top of the right-hand column. For occasional updates, join our periodic mailing list.
To order more of my favorite books—visit our online BookStore now For help in your own quest to take charge of your health, visit our 4Leaf page and also enjoy some great recipes from Lisa’s 4Leaf Kitchen. Got a question? Let me hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or give me a call on my cell at 917-399-9700.
—J. Morris Hicks, board member since 2012; click banner for more info: