These veggie burgers are easy to make, packed with protein and fiber, and taste delicious! This recipe was inspired by The Simple Veganista website.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 6 teaspoons thyme, divided
- 1-2 teaspoons of paprika
- 1 teaspoon chipotle pepper
- 2 cans of white beans (cannellini, navy, great northern), drained and rinsed, or dried beans, cooked
- 1 cup corn, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 cup shallot, finely diced
- juice of 2 lemons or 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2/3 cup of oat flour, or flour of choice
- 2 flaxeggs (2 tablespoons of flaxseed meal and 6 tablespoons of water)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Make your flaxeggs and put aside. Turn oven to 450.
- In a pot, bring quinoa, water, garlic powder and 2 teaspoons of thyme to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or when water is gone. Once finished, set aside for 10-15 minutes.
- While quinoa is cooking, mash 1/2 of the beans in a large bowl and leave the rest whole.
- Add your red pepper, corn, and shallot to the large bowl with the beans in it.
- Add quinoa to the bowl, and the rest of the thyme, paprika, lemon juice, flour, flaxeggs, chile powder and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Make into patties.
- Bake in oven for about 15-20 minutes and then flip to other side for another 15-20 minutes. You can also cook these on the stove top for about 5 minutes each side.
- Serve alone with hummus or mustard, on a salad, or with avocado, mustard or hummus with tomato and greens on choice of bread/bun.
For a “printer-friendly” one-pager, ideal on your fridge with a magnet—Just click here for a PDF
Click here for the page containing all recipes.
Please tell your friends about our easy-to-remember website, www.4leafprogram.com and if you like what you see here, you may wish to join our periodic mailing list.
Let me hear from you: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you like what 4Leaf eating is doing for you and your family, you might enjoy visiting our new “4Leaf Gear” store. From the New England village of Holden, Massachusetts — Be well and have a great day.
If you’d like to order our book on Amazon, visit our BookStore now. Also some great recipe books.
Thanks Jim, can’t wait to sink my teeth into this one!