With the new year, comes resolutions! My goal will be one recipe a month! I received an e-mail asking for more recipes today. Happy New Year from Lisa
This is one of our new favorites! They are delicious! With its crispy crust and creamy insides, they are sure to be a favorite at your house too! They can be reheated later in the week for a quick dinner.
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 8-10 organic yellow or yukon gold potatoes
- 6 Tbs. nutritional yeast (optional)
- 4 Tbs. water
- 4 Tbs. lemon juice
- 3 Tbs. yellow or brown rice miso paste (or any variety)
- 1 cup fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 cup hemp seeds or 1/2 cup chia seeds
- Soak cashews in cold water for about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Bake potatoes for 45-60 minutes on a baking sheet until tender. Cool until you can handle them.
- Drain cashews. Blend them with nutritional yeast, lemon juice, miso and water in food processor until smooth. Transfer to large bowl.
- Slice off top one-third of each potato lengthwise and discard or eat top skin. Scoop inside of potato and add it to the cashew mixture, removing as much of the potato as possible without breaking or misshaping it. Repeat with remaining potatoes.
- Mix well to incorporate cashew mixture with potatoes while still leaving some texture. You may want to add water here to get the consistency you need.
- Add the hemp or chia seeds, chives and parsley. Stuff the mixture back into the potato skins.
- Place potatoes on baking sheet and bake 15-20 minutes or until tops are golden.
For a “printer-friendly” one-pager, ideal on your fridge with a magnet—Just click here for a PDF
Let me hear from you: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you like what 4Leaf eating is doing for you and your family, you might enjoy visiting our new “4Leaf Gear” store. From the New England village of Holden, Massachusetts — Be well and have a great day.
If you’d like to order our book on Amazon, visit our BookStore now. Also some great recipe books.