Third in a series of 4-Leaf Recipes from Lisa’s Kitchen
I never really liked Brussels sprouts until I tried this dish, shared from our cousin Shawn Lankton. This is a great go-to recipe when you just don’t know what to make. Easy, easy, easy! The taste of the warm sprouts and the cool tomatoes taste delicious!
- cooking spray
- 1 lb of brussels sprouts or more
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 tsp. salt (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper (to taste)
- whole grain (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Prepare the Brussels sprouts by cutting off a part of the stem, and cut in half.
- Spray a little baking spray on top; then mix the sprouts, salt, red pepper and black pepper in a large bowl.
- Spray the baking pan with cooking spray.
- Place the sprouts on the baking pan and place them in the oven for about 30 minutes, turning once.
- Dice the cool tomatoes and place them on top of the warm sprouts and serve.
- Add whole grain of choice. (optional)
- Enjoy! As Shawn says, this is one of the healthiest things you can eat!
Note: The original recipe called for three tablespoons of olive oil, which would have accounted for over half the calories of the entire mix. I cut out the olive oil and substituted a little cooking spray. They still taste great! And they now score high in the 4-Leaf range. With love from Lisa.
For a “printer-friendly” one-pager, ideal on your fridge with a magnet. Click here for a PDF.
If you like what you see here, you may wish to join our periodic mailing list. And if you like what 4Leaf eating is doing for you and your family, you might enjoy visiting our new “4Leaf Gear” store. From the New England village of Holden, Massachusetts — Be well and have a great day.
If you’d like to order our book on Amazon, visit our BookStore now.
—Lisa Hicks…blogging occasionally at 4leafprogram.com
SHARE and rate this post below…One more thing, occasionally an unauthorized ad may appear beneath a blog post. It is controlled by WordPress (a totally free hosting service). I do not approve or personally benefit whatsoever from any ad that might ever appear on this site. I apologize and urge you to please disregard.