I am reminded of the saying, “All that glitters is not gold.”
Take five minutes and watch the following video by Howard Jacobson, PhD, who assisted with Dr. Campbell’s new book, WHOLE, Rethinking the Science of Nutrition. Here are four of many headlines on this “earth shattering” study:
- New York Times. Mediterranean Diet Shown to Ward Off Heart Attack and Stroke.
- Fox News. Protecting your heart with the Mediterranean Diet.
- Dallas News. Mediterranean Diet Study rocks the medical world.
- NBC News. Tasty diet cuts heart disease, study finds.
But Dr. Jacobson has just played a little game of “Gotcha” with our host of trusted news sources—he’s suggesting that they all post a corrected headline, something like this:
Three Almost Identically Bad Diets Produce Three Almost Identically Bad Health Outcomes.
Watch his fact-filled 5-minute video to understand why.
Who paid for the study and who stands to benefit from the findings—as misrepresented as they appear to be? From an Associated Press article dated 2-25-13. I don’t know about you, but I smell a rat. From the article (see link below)
The Spanish government’s health research agency initiated and paid for the study, and foods were supplied by olive oil and nut producers in Spain and the California Walnut Commission. Many of the authors have extensive financial ties to food, wine and other industry groups but said the sponsors had no role in designing the study or analyzing and reporting its results.
The Bottom Line. There are 35 million jobs in food industry, medicine, pharmaceuticals, and media. And not a single one of them has an incentive for us to be healthy. Their only incentive is to maintain the status quo of the “system” and to promote their own sales and profits.
As Dr. Campbell said in The China Study, that system of 35 million jobs works together to promote confusion over clarity when it comes to what we should be eating.
So what can you do to help change this deadly situation that is ultimately threatening the longterm sustainability of our species? You can help people everywhere learn about the truth. You can share our “Health Kit” below for starters. You can also help me find a few corporate CEOs who’re ready to save hundreds of millions of dollars on their company’s cost of healthcare. A few dozen companies (or cities) like that would get the ball rolling big-time.
- AP Source article. Mediterranean Diet Can Cut Risk of Heart Problems.
- Learn more about WHOLE. Dr. Campbell’s new book, WHOLE — Pre Order Promotion
- Earlier blog. Mediterranean Diet—more confusion over clarity
Handy 4-piece take-charge-of-your-health kit—from Amazon.com
- The movie that’s changing the lives of millions: Forks Over Knives DVD
- Healthy Eating, Healthy World, The “big picture” about food (our book)
- An essential scientific resource: The China Study by Dr. T. Colin Campbell
- Dr. McDougall’s new book, The Starch Solution, with lots of great recipes.
Want to find out how healthy your family is eating? Take our free 4Leaf Survey. It takes less than five minutes and you can score it yourself. After taking the survey, please give me your feedback as it will be helpful in the development of our future 4Leaf app for smartphones. Send feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
International. We’re now reaching people in over 100 countries. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter or get daily blog notices by “following” us in the top of the right-hand column. For occasional updates, join our periodic mailing list.
To order more of my favorite books—visit our online BookStore now
Got a question? Let me hear from you at email@example.com. Or give me a call on my cell at 917-399-9700.
SHARE and rate this post below.
—J. Morris Hicks, board member, T. Colin Campbell Foundation