Even though the daily streak is ending—I’ll still be blogging frequently.
Plus, you can check out Categories. Those previous 730+ blogs will remain on the site indefinitely. In order to easily access whatever topic you might like to review, simply use the “Categrories” function. Near the top of the right column, look for this phrase: “Check out over 50 categories of daily posts.” Under “Select Category,” there is a drop-list in alphabetical order.
Each category is followed by a parenthesis showing the number of blogs I that have posted under that category. Some blogposts appear in two or more categories.
Take a look at the list below, you will notice that I have posted 75 blogs under the first category: “4Leaf for Life.” I even have a “Humor” category, where there are currently six blogposts.
For your convenience, I have pasted the entire list of “categories below”—and, as a tribute to the new Super Bowl Champs (the Ravens), I have added a hot link to the Athletics Performance Category.
- 4Leaf for Life (75) Academic Freedom (7) Activism & Leadership (162)
- Alzheimer’s Disease (6) Athletic performance (11) Beverages (all) (6)
- Big Picture (89) Bill Clinton (18) Biodiversity (3) Book Promotion (30)
- Cancer (46) Celebrities (93) Children (26) Climate Change (13) Colon Health (11)
- Corporate Wellness (13) Cost of Food (5) Cost of Health Care (20)
- Dairy, cow’s milk (21) Diabetes (19) Energy (23) Environment (33)
- Erectile Dysfunction (8) Food Contamination (7) Food Policy (28)
- Genetically Modified (GMO) (2) Grassroots Revolution (4) Happiness (3)
- Harmony Project (13) Health in General (41) Healthy Eating 101 (56)
- Heart Disease (36) Human Genome (1) Humor (6) Insurance (10)
- Land, Trees & Forests (3) M.D.s—Health-Promoting (33) Medical Experts (51)
- Microwave cooking (1) Obesity (23) Omega 3 (3) Organic, local produce (4)
- Osteoporosis (3) Poll included (1) Prescription Drugs (5) Prevention (10)
- Protein Concerns (15) Recipes & meals (39) Scientific Integrity (22)
- Social Challenges (15) Sound Bites (7) Suffering of Animals (29) Sustainability (62)
- Testimonials (9) Uncategorized (25) Vegan or vegetarian? (14) Vibrant health (8)
- Video Included (49) Vitamins & Supplements (14) Water Pollution & Usage (9)
- Weight-Loss (22) World Hunger (16)
When you click on one of the categories above or in the drop-down list, you will go to a page that has previews of the three most recent blogs on that topic. The arrow at the bottom of the page will take you to the three next three “older posts.” Notice that my most prolific topic is “Activism & Leadership” with a current total of 161 blogs. If you read one of them daily, it’ll take you almost six months to get through just that one category.
Me, an activist? Who knew? When I started this blog, I had never described myself as an activist, but I often do now. As and activist and the “big picture guy,” J. Morris Hicks needs to learn all about a plethora of inter-connected topics and then simplify everything—weaving them all together and boiling it all down to just two words: WHOLE PLANTS. That’s my kind of activism—and that’s not going to end.
Using Google. What would J. Morris Hicks have to say about almost any topic, person or phrase? Let’s say you’re thinking of a blog in which I mentioned David Letterman.
So just google “david letterman j morris hicks” and you will links to those blogs where Dave was mentioned. This is one reason I published our book under the J. Morris Hicks name instead of my typical James M. Hicks. It’s because I am the only J. Morris Hicks in the world—compared to about a million “Jim Hicks.”
My daily streak will end on February 11 with my 737th consecutive daily blog. But hpjmh.com will not be going dark. It will still be around for a very long time—hopefully long after I am gone. In the meantime, I will continue blogging, updating and adding pages—always focusing on my mission of promoting health, hope and harmony on planet Earth.
Want to help support our mission? Click here for a few ideas
Handy 4-piece take-charge-of-your-health kit—from Amazon.com
- The movie that’s changing the lives of millions: Forks Over Knives DVD
- Healthy Eating, Healthy World, The “big picture” about food (our book)
- An essential scientific resource: The China Study by Dr. T. Colin Campbell
- Dr. McDougall’s new book, The Starch Solution, with lots of great recipes.
Want to find out how healthy your family is eating? Take our free 4Leaf Diagnostic Survey. It takes less than five minutes and you can score it yourself. After taking the survey, please give me your feedback as it will be helpful in the development of our future 4Leaf app for smartphones. Send feedback to email@example.com
International. We’re now reaching people in over 100 countries. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter or get daily blog notices by “following” us in the top of the right-hand column. For occasional updates, join our periodic mailing list.
To order more of my favorite books—visit our online BookStore now
Got a question? Let me hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or give me a call on my cell at 917-399-9700.
SHARE and rate this post below.
Blogging daily at hpjmh.com…from the seaside village of Stonington, Connecticut – Be well and have a great day.
—J. Morris Hicks, board member, T. Colin Campbell Foundation