Last night, we launched a 4Leaf Challenge for seventeen co-workers at an animal care clinic in Massachusetts. My son and I were there to lend support, provide tips and answer questions.
In preparation for that kick-off dinner at the clinic, I prepared two top ten lists for the group that has committed to eat 4Leaf for the next seven weeks. Here are those lists (see printer-friendly one-pager below):
Reasons (Motivators) for Doing This
- Promote your own vibrant health for the rest of your life.
- Give your children the gift of health.
- Ensure the health of of your grandchildren and all who follow them.
- Save $$ on your medical bills and avoid the old nursing home.
- Reduce your carbon footprint by 30 percent.
- Reduce your total water consumption by 90 percent.
- Help to end the needless suffering of billions of animals.
- Free up enough land to feed 15 of the world’s hungry.
- It’s your chance to be a key part of restoring harmony on our precious planet.
- (Almost forgot) Help your body seek its ideal weight — effortlessly.
Tips That May Help
- Start your day with a bowl of fresh fruit.
- Eat a bowl of oatmeal (with more fruit) at mid-morning or when you get hungry.
- Make sure that all of your “routine” meals are in the 4Leaf range.
- Don’t “plan” to have ANY animal products in your diet.
- Simple 4Leaf meals with simple recipes are easy and tasty (See Sailors Super 4Leaf Lunch)
- When dining out, ask for the “side dishes” — without the oil, salt and cheese.
- Keep it simple; eat lots of raw fruit, carrots, celery, etc. for snacks.
- If you want to lose weight, go easy on the avocados, nuts, olives, etc.
- Prepare for the unexpected; maximize your score early in the day. (for some “wiggle room” later if needed)
- If you lose any motivation; re-read the above list of reasons.
Last night, after fe
For a “printer-friendly” one-pager of the above lists, send email to email@example.com, mention “Top Ten” in the SUBJECT space and we’ll email you a Word doc right away. Prints on letter-size paper — ideal on your fridge with a magnet. We’ll also throw in a 4Leaf Scoring Chart.
If you like what you see here, you may wish to join our periodic mailing list. Also, for help in your own quest to take charge of your health, you might find some useful information at our 4-Leaf page.
And if you like what 4-Leaf eating is doing for you and your family, you might enjoy visiting our new “4-Leaf Gear” store. From the seaside village of Stonington, Connecticut – Be well and have a great day.
If you’d like to order our book on Amazon, visit our BookStore now.
—J. Morris Hicks…blogging daily at HealthyEatingHealthyWorld.com
SHARE and rate this post below…One more thing, occasionally an unauthorized ad may appear beneath a blog post. It is controlled by WordPress (a totally free hosting service). I do not approve or personally benefit whatsoever from any ad that might ever appear on this site. I apologize and urge you to please disregard.