Today, a group of us are meeting in Ithaca, NY, with Dr. T. Colin Campbell to talk about The Harmony Project, an incredibly simple process for paving the way for the human race to return to living in harmony with Nature. My conclusion is this:
The single most powerful step that we humans can take to restore harmony on our precious planet, is the deliberate, widespread and well-planned adoption of a whole foods, plant-based diet. And the stakes are beyond comprehension.
For the past four weeks, I have written a series of six posts that address the single biggest impediment that we face in terms of executing the above. These six posts outline the problem, summarize the enormity of what is at stake and put forth a plan for removing that impediment — the almost universal belief that we truly “need” to eat animal protein in order to healthy.
1. As Jobs would say, “Let’s get crazy enough to change the world.” Seven billion people — not enough water, land or energy. “People who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world — are the ones who do.” —-Steve Jobs. This was the first post where I mentioned that the “protein myth” was the single biggest obstacle that we face in opening the floodgates for a series of incredible improvements in our world. The next five blog posts develop this thought further
2. “Thinking differently” and changing the world…(10-28-11) Aspiring to join the the Steve Jobs “crazy ones,” we must think differently. And that means turning negatives into opportunities. For example, if you are now eating nearly 100% plant-based, there is one question that you have heard more than all others combined. Where do you get your protein? Many plant-eaters consider this question an annoyance; but I prefer to see it as opportunity. How so?
3. Topping 7 billion on Halloween — Very scary indeed. But there are many things happening that are much scarier than goblins. Yesterday was Halloween. And, according to the United Nations, it was the day that the human race officially reached the seven billion mark. Time Magazine reported in their 9-31-11 issue that we have now added four billion people in just the past fifty-two years.
4. Clinton Foundation seeks ideas to change the world……Let’s tell them about the greatest world changing opportunity in history. I have been thinking for a long time about the single most important thing that Mr. Clinton could do for us: Simply dispel the “protein myth” that most people believe — the myth about actually needing to eat animal protein.
5. Reaching the 95% who still eat meat; a plan Since beginning my blog nine months ago, I have often referred to the estimated 95% of the American public who still “believe” that they must eat animal protein to be healthy. That is based on my informal poll of “mainstream” non-vegetarian audiences in twelve months of speaking engagements since completing my book.
6. What does it take to change the world? Maybe less than you think. Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.-—Margaret Mead
Discussion Outline for Ithaca Meeting. With the above six posts as background, our discussion today will focus on the key steps that we must take in order to successfully execute Project Harmony.
- The Message. Crafting the simple and powerful message that we want to become common knowledge throughout the world.
- The Proof. The scientific and clinical foundation of proof and unquestioned credibility that will validate this message for all concerned.
- The Messenger. Selecting the ideal messenger; the voice that will lend the most credibility to a message that will be challenged by many.
- The Leader. The individual or institution best suited to drive this project forward.
- The Funding. How much funding is needed, how soon, what are the most likely sources and how do we approach the most likely sources?
- Planning the Process. Who should be on our team? What are the next steps?
If you like what you see here, you may wish to join our periodic mailing list. Also, for help in your own quest to take charge of your health, you might find some useful information at our 4-Leaf page.
And if you like what 4-Leaf eating is doing for you and your family, you might enjoy visiting our new “4-Leaf Gear” store. Today, from the home of Cornell University, Ithaca, NY – Be well and have a great day.
If you’d like to order our book on Amazon, visit our BookStore now.
—J. Morris Hicks…blogging daily at HealthyEatingHealthyWorld.com
SHARE and rate this post below…One more thing, occasionally an unauthorized ad may appear beneath a blog post. It is controlled by WordPress (a totally free hosting service). I do not approve or personally benefit whatsoever from any ad that might ever appear on this site. I apologize and urge you to please disregard.