“WFPB” is Whole Foods, Plant-Based eating for humans
As you know, I have written about Mr. Clinton before. Try googling “Bill Clinton J. Morris Hicks” and see what you get. You’ll quickly get links to a plethora of articles that I have written about our former president in the past few years. Next to Dr. Campbell, I have probably mentioned Mr. Clinton more than any other person. Why is that?
It’s because no one could be better situated to help people everywhere have their own “blinding flash of the obvious” when it comes to what we should be eating. Here are my top five reasons:
- WFPB eating saved his own life. After studying the works of Campbell, Esselstyn and Ornish in 2010, he switched to a whole foods, near-vegan diet and has reversed his heart disease.
- The Clinton Global Initiative is already prominent around the world. One couldn’t design a better platform for spreading important truths—all aimed at promoting the longterm sustainability of our species.
- His daughter Chelsea is a vegan. She probably had something to do with her dad becoming a vegan AND she is hugely involved in his foundation and the CGI. As a millennial, she may be better equipped to grasp the “big picture” than her dad. (Millennials were born in 1979 or later; Chelsea was born in 1980)
- Global recognition. In terms of name recognition, he’s got to be right up there with the top two or three people in the world. And if Hillary gets elected in 2016, his numbers will climb even higher.
- Global popularity and respect. He’s come a long way since the Monica days and his approval ratings have never been better.
So why is he not connecting the dots on this crucial topic? And what can we do to help him realize what a world-changing impact he could have? He’s got the power to do what no other world leader (past or present) could accomplish. He’s got much more power now than he did when he was president, yet he is wasting that power. How so?
He’s not addressing the number one cause of many of the world’s problems that he’s trying to solve: world hunger, water shortages, and climate change. There’s simply no way that ANY problem ANYwhere can be solved without addressing the #1 driver. Yesterday, I received an email from the Clinton Foundation asking me to take a Climate Change Quiz:
Do you know how climate change is affecting our cities, forests, coasts, economies – and most importantly – our future? TAKE THE CLINTON CLIMATE QUIZ AND SUPPORT OUR GLOBAL CLIMATE WORK. (See link below to take the quiz)
So, I clicked on the link and took the very-well-done seven-point quiz. While there was a lot of great information therein, the way we eat was not even mentioned. And, according to the U.N. “Livestock’s Long Shadow” 2006 study and subsequent scientific studies—the raising of livestock for our food is by far the #1 driver climate change—far more than ALL of transportation, which drives 14% (verified by the quiz).
After completing the quiz, I received this nice response:
Dear Friend, Thank you for taking the Clinton Foundation’s Clinton Climate Quiz! Because of your efforts, a tree sapling will be planted at the PRODEV school in Cite Soleil, Haiti, and you have also been entered to win a chance for a volunteer trip to help the Clinton Foundation and our partner, NRG Energy, install solar panels at a project in Port au Prince, Haiti.
We hope that you will share this quiz with your friends to help us plant more trees in Haiti – part of our efforts to reforest the country.
What to do? We need to schedule a meeting with either Chelsea or Bill. In a perfect world, I would like to include these four men: Dr. Campbell, Dr. Esselstyn, John Robbins and Philip Wollen in that meeting.
The first two were instrumental in saving President Clinton’s life and the other two are the world’s top leaders in grasping and explaining the “big picture” consequences of our food choices. Maybe we could begin the meeting with a viewing of Philip’s passionate 10-minute speech from down under:
Now, how can we get that meeting with Chelsea or Bill?
- Click here to take the 2-minute Climate Change Quiz on the Clinton Global Initiative website.
- My earlier blog about Mr. Wollen. A helluva rant for plant-based eating—from Australia
- Earlier blog. Clinton or Cheney? Which heart treatment do you prefer?
- My 2011 blog about the CGI. Clinton Foundation seeks ideas to change the world
Handy 4-piece take-charge-of-your-health kit—from Amazon.com
- The movie that’s changing the lives of millions: Forks Over Knives DVD
- Healthy Eating, Healthy World, The “big picture” about food (our book)
- An essential scientific resource: The China Study by Dr. T. Colin Campbell
- Dr. McDougall’s new book, The Starch Solution, with lots of great recipes.
Want to find out how healthy your family is eating? Take our free 4Leaf Survey. It takes less than five minutes and you can score it yourself. After taking the survey, please give me your feedback as it will be helpful in the development of our future 4Leaf app for smartphones. Send feedback to email@example.com
International. We’re now reaching people in over 100 countries. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter or get daily blog notices by “following” us in the top of the right-hand column. For occasional updates, join our periodic mailing list.
To order more of my favorite books—visit our online BookStore now
For help in your own quest to take charge of your health, you might find some useful information at our 4Leaf page or some great recipes at Lisa’s 4Leaf Kitchen.
Got a question? Let me hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or give me a call on my cell at 917-399-9700.
SHARE and rate this post below.
—J. Morris Hicks, board member, T. Colin Campbell Foundation
I get the impression that you are more aligned with Dr Fuhrman than Dr McDougall. Dr McDougall places more of an emphasis on starch as the primary food humans should eat whereas Dr Fuhrman places his emphasis on vegetables and does allow animal protein.
Your comments please.
You feel that Clinton could be a force in changing people to a plant based diet. It hasn’t happened yet, so when? He is a near vegan, maybe he is not fully in line with WFPB lifestyle.
Curious, if he and his daughter are vegans (or near-vegans), how is it they have not influenced Hillary to make the change?
Let’s join our voices in recruiting Clinton to be our spokesperson. He’s doing incredible work. Now, off to post on Facebook!
I just took the Clinton Climate Quiz, Liked the Clinton Foundation on FB, and wrote him a message asking what you suggested… that he put his full weight (popularity and power) behind a global transition to plant-based eating. Thanks for the suggestion! Beth Perea