This blog-site was launched on February 10, 2011 with four blogs. Since then, I have added one new blog on each of the next 721 consecutive days. As I approach the two year mark, I decided that I would end my consecutive daily streak with a reflection on the beginning of that streak.
First of all, why is my domain hpjmh.com? The last three letters are my initials, but what about the HP? Originally, the title of our book was going to be “Healthy People, Healthy Planet,” but that changed when we realized that it was the tagline of John Robbins’ wonderful organization, EarthSave. So my “HP” covered all four words of that alliterative first title.
So what does HP mean now? It now stands for “Harmony Project,” an ongoing process of moving the human race in the direction of living in harmony with the rest of the planet. Since our food choices basically determine how the entire planet is used—they are the single most important drivers of “harmonious” living for the human species.
Now, for a brief look at those first four blogs that were published on 2-10-12. I touched on four of the topics that have been repeatedly covered in this blog for the past two years. These are the four blogs that first prompted me to establish myself as “the big picture guy” when it comes to what we should be eating.
1. Chronic diseases are almost totally preventable and many are easily reversible. Barbara Walters…A Missed Opportunity Focusing on her TV special about her own heart surgery, she failed to even mention the fact that heart disease is totally reversible in 95% of the cases.
2. Our food affects far more than just our health. The “second-hand smoke” of our meat-laden diet
3. Sustainability. Even if meat & dairy were the most healthful foods, there is no way that our western diet is sustainable for much longer. The way we eat is totally unsustainable…by any measure
4. Fragile harmony of nature. My son, Jason, told me about this movie that I watched for the first time the week before posting this blog. HOME – a 2009 film — a powerful eye-opener about the environmental havoc caused by the human species—especially in just the last fifty years.
My daily streak will end on February 11 with my 737th consecutive daily blog. But don’t worry—hpjmh.com will NOT be going dark. My plan is that it will be around for a very long time—hopefully long after I am gone. In the meantime, I will continue blogging, updating and adding pages that will focus on my mission of promoting health, hope and harmony on planet Earth.
Want to help support our mission? Click here for a few ideas.
Handy 4-piece take-charge-of-your-health kit—from Amazon.com
- The movie that’s changing the lives of millions: Forks Over Knives DVD
- Healthy Eating, Healthy World, The “big picture” about food (our book)
- An essential scientific resource: The China Study by Dr. T. Colin Campbell
- Dr. McDougall’s new book, The Starch Solution, with lots of great recipes.
Want to find out how healthy your family is eating? Take our free 4Leaf Diagnostic Survey. It takes less than five minutes and you can score it yourself. After taking the survey, please give me your feedback as it will be helpful in the development of our future 4Leaf app for smartphones. Send feedback to email@example.com
International. We’re now reaching people in over 100 countries. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter or get daily blog notices by “following” us in the top of the right-hand column. For occasional updates, join our periodic mailing list.
To order more of my favorite books—visit our online BookStore now
Got a question? Let me hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or give me a call on my cell at 917-399-9700.
SHARE and rate this post below.
Blogging daily at hpjmh.com…from the seaside village of Stonington, Connecticut – Be well and have a great day.
—J. Morris Hicks, board member, T. Colin Campbell Foundation