Promoting the simplicity of plant-based eating
My mantra has always been K.I.S.S. — Keep it simple stupid. Unfortunately the rest of the world tends to complicate everything. Congress is split right down the middle on virtually every issue, there is rarely any common ground of wisdom—and confusion over clarity has never been worse.
Our mainstream journalists often write about urgent issues and desperately sad situations but rarely offer any kind of clarity when it comes to resolving them.
But, as for me, I specialize in CLARITY!
Want to learn how to take charge of your own health, solve our nation’s cost of healthcare dilemma, end world hunger, nurture the environment, curb global warming, conserve fossil fuels and end the barbaric torture of two billion sentient beings every week? What could be simpler than 2 words, 2 pages and 2 months:
- Two Words are WHOLE PLANTS. We need to get most of our calories from whole plants.
- Two Pages are the 4Leaf Chart and the 4Leaf Survey. Take a look at both and you will quickly understand the concept and how far away you are from a near-optimal diet. From the survey, you can see real clearly the changes you’ll need to make in your diet in order to be deriving the vast majority of your calories from whole plants.
- Two Months are up to you. That’s about how long it will take for you to form some new eating habits and take charge of your health. You just need to make the commitment to eat at the 4Leaf level for two months. During those two months, your tastes will change, your body will reward you in a number of ways and you will lose your cravings for the unhealthful foods of your past. Don’t try to gradually move up the scale to 4Leaf. Do yourself a favor, do it all at once and never look back.
Conviction. Okay, there’s probably one more “two” that you might need. You might need anywhere from two weeks to two months of study and contemplation to convince yourself to make the “two month” commitment described above. A good place to start that initial study period is right here. Order these four items shown below and get started. That will cost you about $50.
But this site is free. As of today (10-25-12), there are now 628 blogposts that may help you experience your own “blinding flash of the obvious.” There are over 60 categories of topics on this site and you can easily find multiple blogs on any of those topics. Have you read my piece on the “sustainability of the human race?” That might be a good place to start.
Handy 4-piece take-charge-of-your-health kit—from Amazon.com
- The movie that’s changing the lives of millions: Forks Over Knives DVD
- Healthy Eating, Healthy World, The “big picture” about food (our book)
- An essential scientific resource: The China Study by Dr. T. Colin Campbell
- Dr. McDougall’s new book, The Starch Solution, with lots of great recipes.
Want to find out how healthy your family is eating? Take our free 4Leaf Diagnostic Survey. It takes less than five minutes and you can score it yourself. After taking the survey, please give me your feedback as it will be helpful in the development of our future 4Leaf app for smartphones. Send feedback to email@example.com
International. We’re now reaching people in over 100 countries. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter or get daily blog notices by “following” us in the top of the right-hand column. For occasional updates, join our periodic mailing list.
To order more of my favorite books—visit our online BookStore now
For help in your own quest to take charge of your health, you might find some useful information at our 4Leaf page or some great recipes at Lisa’s 4Leaf Kitchen.
Got a question? Let me hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or give me a call on my cell at 917-399-9700.
SHARE and rate this post below.
Blogging daily at hpjmh.com…from the seaside village of Stonington, Connecticut – Be well and have a great day.
—J. Morris Hicks, board member, T. Colin Campbell Foundation
Two words: “Save Money!”
Jim Hicks – As I emailed you earlier today:
An excellent Q & A interview with Ellen Jaffe Jones , Author of
“Eat Vegan on $4 a Day”
Would be worth your publicizing her book and videos for more inspiration and more education on many applicable subjects!
Ellen Jaffe Jones wrote:
Fun interview with “FitForTwoTV.” How to eat/perform athletically well on a Food Stamp Budget. Piece ‘o Carrot Cake! 😉
How to “Eat Vegan on $4 a Day” with Ellen Jaffe Jones =
excellent – one of all time favs!