At the request of several of my readers, I have added two new pages under the Video tab. The first page contains a ten minute video of my Australian friend, Philip Wollen, and a new 18-minute TEDx talk in New York by Dr. T. Colin Campbell. The other page contains a 55-minute presentation by Dr. Michael Greger.
Both of these new pages appear on the same page under the Video tab just under the top banner on the right.
This permanent Video tab was created to give my readers a convenient place to find a collection of the more important videos that we have discovered. As of today, 8-6-12, there are now 8 pages in the drop-down list under the Video Tab.
For your convenience, I have provided that list for you here. But only the new pages contain the actual hot-link. For the other pages, simply hover over the Video tab to find them.
- Short Videos: Clinton, Gupta, etc. I also just added a new video by Mark Bittman. It is about twenty minutes and sounds almost like the message in our book; that is, “We’re eating the wrong food.” Click here to view that page. The new Bittman video is #3.
- NEW PAGE. Big Picture: Philip Wollen & Colin Campbell
- This page leads off with the ten-minute presentation by Mr. Philip Wollen, a prominent Australian business executive turned philanthropist. This is the best ten minute summary of what I am talking about when I say, “unleashing the power of plant-based nutrition.” It is informative, passionate, compelling, moving, and powerful. From a live debate in Melbourne, May of 2012. This page continues with an 18-minute TEDx talk by Dr. T. Colin Campbell. It is entitled, “Resolving the Health Care Crisis.”
- NEW PAGE. Facts on Causes of Death. Dr. Greger
- Regarding the causes of death, this comprehensive 55-minute video picks up where Dr. Campbell leaves off. It features Dr. Michael Greger, famous for his daily 1 or 2-minute “Nutrition Facts” videos, and is entitled “Uprooting the Leading Causes of Death.”
- HOME & Earthlings
- “The Last Heart Attack” CNN
- Udderly Amazing by Dr. Veith
- Why did Steve Jobs die? Dr. McDougall
- Jobs Stanford Speech
Handy 4-piece take-charge-of-your-health kit—from Amazon.com
- The movie that’s changing the lives of millions: Forks Over KnivesDVD
- Healthy Eating, Healthy World, The “big picture” about food (our book)
- An essential scientific resource: The China Study by Dr. T. Colin Campbell
- Dr. McDougall’s new book, The Starch Solution, with lots of great recipes.
Want to find out how healthy your family is eating? Take our free 4Leaf Diagnostic Survey. It takes less than five minutes and you can score it yourself. After taking the survey, please give me your feedback as it will be helpful in the development of our future 4Leaf app for smartphones. Send feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
International. We’re now reaching people in over 100 countries. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter or get daily blog notices by “following” us in the top of the right-hand column. For occasional updates, join our periodic mailing list.
To order more of my favorite books—visit our online BookStore now
For help in your own quest to take charge of your health, you might find some useful information at our 4Leaf page or some great recipes at Lisa’s 4Leaf Kitchen.
Got a question? Let me hear from you at email@example.com. Or give me a call on my cell at 917-399-9700.
SHARE and rate this post below.
Blogging daily at hpjmh.com…from the seaside village of Stonington, Connecticut – Be well and have a great day.
—J. Morris Hicks, board member, T. Colin Campbell Foundation
Thank you for the additions to your already informative Video tab. It is a good place to go if one has the “time to sit down with a good book” as we used to say and to recover articles that can be forwarded to others. Technology has made the access to information easy. Now all that is needed is for individuals to consider making positive lifestyle changes.
Dr. Greger’s presentation is amazing – he’s a great speaker and scientist and really funny, too. You might also be interested in reading/watching what he has to say about the coming pandemic Bird Flu – H5N1. The media isn’t giving it much coverage lately — I heard something on NPR last year, but nothing much else. Intensive poultry farms have created a situation where the flu virus (which begins with ducks, but can be caught by chickens and then caught again by humans) can mutate back and forth among the billions of chickens we cram into indoor sheds until it becomes so deadly to humans that it kills 50% of those who catch it. So far, we’ve had viruses that are easily catchable, but not deadly, or viruses that are deadly, but not very contagious. Once we hit the jackpot, and the virus that emerges from the chicken sheds is both contagious and deadly, we are basically doomed. Any day now, there could be a pandemic that could kill hundreds of millions of people around the globe. Talk about paying the price for our love of animal protein. This is a link to Dr. Greger’s book. If you scroll down on the left, there’s a video of him speaking about this that’s only about 4 minutes long. http://birdflubook.com/g.php?id=5