This site is ALL about promoting health…
For Humans AND for our Ecosystem
Things that we value most—family, health, freedom, happiness, friends, peace and wealth—do not exist without sustainability. In other words, if we don’t quickly learn how to live in harmony with nature, life will be nothing more than a hell on Earth for those few of us who survive. — J. Morris Hicks
Our ecosystem is in BIG trouble! In a nutshell, the primary problem is our global feeding model—we’re eating the wrong food. And it’s taking a huge toll on our own health and, more importantly, the health of the ecosystem that sustains us as a species.
Not only are our food choices of meat, dairy, eggs and/or fish at almost every meal driving our out- of-control cost of healthcare— they’re also the primary cause of climate change. Incredibly, they’re also the leading drivers of water scarcity, soil erosion, species extinction, ocean pollution, deforestation & world hunger.
J. Morris Hicks 10-22-14 speech in Colorado Food. Health. Planet.
Complex Problems—Refreshingly Simple Solution. When enough humans simply choose to eat mostly whole, plant-based foods, it will be the biggest Win-Win in the history of the world. No less than our future as a species hangs in the balance.
SUSTAINABILITY is Topic #1. I write about it in my blogs, I talk about it in interviews and it is featured prominently in my public speaking. In my role as a sustainability activist, my favorite speech title is: Food. Health. Planet. Our Future as a Species. For more information, visit my Speaking page.
URGENT. TEN recent SUSTAINABILITY blogs featured below. They are among almost 900 blogs related to the “big picture” consequences of our food choices. For the fifty most recent blogs, scroll down in the right hand column >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
- NOTHING is more Important than Sustainability! By comparison, all else shrinks to insignificance. 1-25-14.
- Tearing down the single biggest roadblock to sustainability My “locked brains” article. 10-23-14.
- The ONLY viable pathway to SUSTAINABILITY It will be impossible for us to EVER live in harmony with nature—without radically changing our food choices. 8-4-14.
- Food Choices. The primary cause of global warming? Dedicated to the memory of the great climate specialist Dr. Robert Goodland. 2-4-14.
- Cancer. Heart disease. Global warming. Water scarcity. Warning, this one may make you angry. 2-6-14.
- Were humans the “infestation” of Easter Island? I believe that they were and think that you will agree. Contains two great videos, 1-minute and 7-minutes. 8-9-13
- “Living in Harmony with Nature” by Ted Turner. Perhaps the world’s last chance to save us all from the horrors of global warming. 2-26-14.
- “Not-so-funny” cartoon series. Saving our ecosystem. There is no FUN way to describe what we’re doing to our planet. This is VERY serious stuff. 3-3-14.
- Now that I am officially an activist…This post features my Bill & Melinda letter and was inspired by someone telling me to “persevere.” 4-9-14.
- They say that Nero fiddled while Rome burned…Most humans think that life has never been better on this planet. Reminds me of Easter Island. 4-19-14.
Printer-Friendly One-Pagers. As a former engineer and corporate executive, I know the importance of being able to make your case and describe a course of action on a single sheet of paper. That’s exactly what I have done here:
- My “story” on one page. How I progressed from engineer, to business executive, to corporate headhunter to sustainability activist. My one-page story
- Searching for Leadership. Here’s where I leverage all three stages of my career in searching for that one powerful leader who is so urgently needed to execute my One-Page Recipe for Saving our Ecosystem
- Promoting The Plantrician Project. We’ll never see a massive shift to plant-based eating until we get the physicians onboard. And we need your help to hasten the arrival of the “future of medicine.” One-pager for Plantrician—Promoting the future of medicine
- Wellness Consulting for Corporations. Our flexible consulting approach for promoting health—and slashing the cost of health care in all kinds of organizations. 4Leaf Corporate Wellness one-pager. For more details on corporate wellness, click here.
4Leaf—not necessarily vegan or vegetarian. We promote a diet that consists of mostly whole, plant-based foods. We call it 4Leaf for Life, a concept built on maximizing the percentage of calories from whole plants—the healthiest food for humans.
How healthy are you eating? Take our 4Leaf Survey in two minutes to find out.
- Take Survey at 4leafsurvey.com
- 4Leaf Chart (PDF for your refrigerator)
- Healthy recipes from Lisa’s 4Leaf Kitchen
- For more information, visit 4leafprogram.com
- Take the 4Leaf Survey online at eCornell.
Prominent Medical Doctors now recommending Plant-Based for ALL Patients! Says Kaiser Permanente (America’s largest health provider). For a PDF of the powerful plant-based article in KP’s Spring 2013 Journal, Click Here. It’s really a HUGE deal when our largest health provider is advising its 17,000 physicians to:
“[C]onsider recommending a plant-based diet to all their patients…encouraging whole, plant-based foods and discouraging meats, dairy products, and eggs as well as all refined and processed foods.”
Our Book. Check out the drop-down list under the BOOK tab above—Foreword by Dr. T. Colin Campbell; endorsed on the cover by Dr. Dean Ornish. Now available in paperback, Kindle, CD and audio for iPhone—also in ibooks. Order on Amazon
Check out the tabs. Particularly the “MD Help” tab and the drop-down list under the “Diseases” tab. For some great tasting, health-promoting food, check out the “Recipes” tab.
Take a look around the site and, if you have any questions, let us hear from you. Check out the drop-down list of over sixty categories of daily posts in the right column.
Prefer watching to reading? Take a look at the drop-down list under the VideoTab where you can see movies, CNN specials, and videos featuring Dr. T. Colin Campbell, President Bill Clinton and others.
4-Minute Video. The “4Leaf Solution” The blinding flash of the obvious simple solution to the food problem that is wrecking our health and our environment—ultimately threatening our very existence as a species.
The following five books and one DVD can be purchased on Amazon for a grand total of less than $60—and will enable you to understand the overwhelming challenges we face—along with the single most-powerful solution of all.
Six-Pack from Hicks—for health, hope & harmony on planet Earth
- Healthy Eating, Healthy World, The ”big picture” about food (our book)
- A life changer for millions, including James Cameron. Forks Over Knives DVD
- An essential scientific resource: The China Study by Dr. T. Colin Campbell; the primary book that influenced Bill Clinton to adopt a whole food, plant-based diet.
- What have we done to our planet? Full Planet, Empty Plates by Lester Brown
- A horrifying wake-up call for leaders. TEN BILLION by Dr. Stephen Emmott
- Food choices are the primary cause of our environmental problems, yet our world leaders, scientists & experts are Comfortably Unaware, by Richard Oppenlander.
Want to talk about any of the above? Call me at 917-399-9700 or email me at email@example.com.
International. We’re now reaching people in over 100 countries. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter or get daily blog notices by “following” us in the top of the right-hand column. For occasional updates, join our periodic mailing list.
To order more of my favorite books—visit our online BookStore now