This site is all about promoting health—for humans and for our ecosystem. In the past century, we have created a grossly unsustainable mess and it’s our responsibility to FIX it before it’s too late—and we can’t FIX it if we don’t fully understand the primary causes. Here is where you can learn the complete truth about those causes.
SUSTAINABILITY is Topic #1. I write about it in my blogs, I talk about it in interviews and it is featured prominently in my public speaking.
Check out this 50-slide pdf of my upcoming third appearance at Holy Cross College later this month. Food. Health. Planet. Our Future as a Species.
Plantrician announces the 2014 International Plant-Based Nutrition Healthcare Conference for medical practitioners—September 17-20 in San Diego. Click here for all the details and a registration form. Be sure to ask your physician to attend. Tell her/him that “promoting health” is much more rewarding than “managing disease.” For more info—pbnhc.com.
Plantrician Update. A nonprofit entity whose name was formed from three words: plants, nutrition & physician—with a mission to educate, equip and empower all medical practitioners to promote health the way Hippocrates suggested 2400 years ago. Click here for the latest overview of this crucial initiative.
URGENCY. After researching since 2002, writing a book in 2010 and blogging since February of 2011, I draw your attention to some recent “big picture” articles that contain civilization-saving information that more of our leaders must grasp VERY SOON:
- 1-25-14. NOTHING is more important than SUSTAINABILITY! By comparison, all else shrinks to insignificance.
- 2-4-14. Food Choices. The primary cause of global warming? Dedicated to the memory of the great climate specialist Dr. Robert Goodland, the first to recommend a pragmatic solution to the worst of all environmental problems.
- 2-6-14. Cancer. Heart disease. Global warming. Water scarcity. Warning, this one may make you angry.
- 2-13-14. SUSTAINABILITY. Our generation’s responsibility. We created the mess; now we must FIX it. And to do so, we must know the TRUTH.
- 2-20-13. First comes TRUTH—then viable solutions. We can never solve problems without fully understanding the causes.
- 2-26-14. “Living in Harmony with Nature” by Ted Turner. Perhaps the world’s last chance to save us all from the horrors of global warming.
- 3-3-14. “Not-so-funny” cartoon series. Saving our ecosystem. There is no FUN way to describe what we’re doing to our planet. This is VERY serious stuff.
This site contains over 800 blogposts related to the “big picture” consequences of our food choices, beginning with our health. See “drop-down” list of over 60 “Categories” near the top of the right column. For the most recent 50 blog posts, scroll down in the right column; most recent blogs listed first >>>>>>>>>>
4-Minute Video. The “4Leaf Solution” The blinding flash of the obvious simple solution to the food problem that is wrecking our health and our environment—ultimately threatening our very existence as a species.
Contact J. Morris Hicks. 121 Towne Street, Suite 504, Stamford, CT, 06902 email@example.com 917-399-9700.
Slashing the cost of health care in businesses. Our flexible consulting approach for promoting health in all kinds of organizations. Now offering referral fees. Click here for more information, videos and a whole new approach to corporate wellness.
Public Speaking. As a sustainability expert, my favorite speech title is: Our Health. Our Planet. Our Future as a Species. For more information, visit my Speaking page.
Want to help support our mission? Click here for a few ideas
Prominent Medical Doctors now recommending Plant-Based for ALL Patients! Says Kaiser Permanente (America’s largest health provider). For a PDF of the powerful plant-based article in KP’s Spring 2013 Journal, Click Here. It’s really a HUGE deal when our largest health provider is advising its 17,000 physicians to:
“[C]onsider recommending a plant-based diet to all their patients…encouraging whole, plant-based foods and discouraging meats, dairy products, and eggs as well as all refined and processed foods.”
In July of 2013, I was honored to be the first “repeat guest” on Marilu’s new internet radio Radio Show that is broadcast from Los Angeles weekdays to an international audience through Genesis Communications. Click these links to listen: the July 10 show, May 31–A and May 31 B.
Not necessarily vegan or vegetarian. We promote a diet that consists of mostly whole, plant-based foods. We call it 4Leaf for Life, a concept built on maximizing the percentage of calories from whole plants—the healthiest food for humans.
How healthy are you eating? Take our 4Leaf Survey in two minutes to find out. See forms & instructions:
- 4Leaf Survey form and Survey Instructions Page
- 4Leaf Chart (One-page PDF for your refrigerator)
- Healthy recipes from Lisa’s kitchen. 4Leaf Recipes
Food Math 101 — Taking plant-based nutrition to our public schools (April of 2013 to 220 sixth graders at the Bennie Dover Jackson Middle School in New London, CT. Click here for article on The Food Channel.
And now abideth these three: health, hope & harmony; but the greatest of these is harmony. — J. Morris Hicks
Our Book. Check out the drop-down list under the BOOK tab above—Foreword by Dr. T. Colin Campbell; endorsed on the cover by Dr. Dean Ornish. Now available in paperback, Kindle, CD and audio for iPhone—also in ibooks. Order on Amazon
Check out the tabs. Particularly the “MD Help” tab and the drop-down list under the “Diseases” tab. For some great tasting, health-promoting food, check out the “Recipes” tab.
Take a look around the site and, if you have any questions, let us hear from you. Check out the drop-down list of over sixty categories of daily posts in the right column.
Prefer watching to reading? Check out the drop-down list under the VideoTab where you can see movies, CNN specials, and videos featuring Dr. T. Colin Campbell, President Bill Clinton and others.
The following five books and one DVD can be purchased on Amazon for a grand total of less than $60—and will enable you to understand the overwhelming challenges we face—along with the single most-powerful solution of all.
Six-Pack from Hicks—for health, hope & harmony on planet Earth
- Healthy Eating, Healthy World, The ”big picture” about food (our book)
- A life changer for millions, including James Cameron. Forks Over Knives DVD
- An essential scientific resource: The China Study by Dr. T. Colin Campbell; the primary book that influenced Bill Clinton to adopt a whole food, plant-based diet.
- What have we done to our planet? Full Planet, Empty Plates by Lester Brown
- A horrifying wake-up call for leaders. TEN BILLION by Dr. Stephen Emmott
- Food choices are the primary cause of our environmental problems, yet our world leaders, scientists & experts are Comfortably Unaware, by Richard Oppenlander.
Want to find out how healthy your family is eating? Take our free 4Leaf Diagnostic Survey. It takes about three minutes and you can score it yourself. After taking the survey, please give me your feedback as it will be helpful in the development of our future 4Leaf app for smartphones.
International. We’re now reaching people in over 100 countries. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter or get daily blog notices by “following” us in the top of the right-hand column. For occasional updates, join our periodic mailing list.
To order more of my favorite books—visit our online BookStore now