After my “blinding flash of the obvious” back in 2003 when I suddenly realized, “Oh my God, we’re eating the wrong food,” I have gradually transitioned to my new career as an author, blogger, consultant, international activist and speaker. My topic is all about the food that we eat and the enormous impact of those choices on so many crucial global issues—beginning with the out of control cost of health care in the western world.
Recently, I have embraced the sustainability topic and have concluded that we’re not really talking about the sustainability of the planet. She’s been around for 4 billion years and will be around for billions more. The question is how much longer she will be able to sustain life for the 9 or 10 billion humans that will soon be living here.
After over 30 years as a senior business executive and management consultant, I am working now to leverage those executive skills with my knowledge in the field of food-health-sustainability to make a major positive difference in this world.
An update of my new career
1. Author of published book, “Healthy Eating, Healthy World,” (BenBella, 2011), foreword by Dr. T. Colin Campbell and endorsed by ten other prominent people, including Dr. Dean Ornish, Dr. Neal Barnard, Dr. Joel Fuhrman, Alexandra Stoddard (author) and the former CEO of Xerox, Paul Allaire.
2. Member of the Board of Directors of the T. Colin Campbell Foundation, which is currently training over 1,000 people a year in Plant-Based Nutrition, one-third of whom are physicians who are earning continuing medical education credits.
3. Training in Plant-Based Nutrition. Hold certificate from the T. Colin Campbell Foundation/eCornell (2009).
4. Writing for the Food Channel. In 2011, began writing a weekly column on the foodchannel.com as a guest correspondent. Click here for my page.
5. Featured VegSource Blogger. Since February of 2011, I have been a featured weekly blogger on VegSource.com.
6. Creator of a blog/website for promoting health, hope and harmony on planet Earth. After over 600 consecutive days of blogging, my work is now being read in over 150 countries. (www.hpjmh.com)
8. Creator of the 4Leaf Diagnostic Survey for estimating the approximate percentage of daily calories from whole plants—without counting calories.
9. Active speaker and consultant. Have spoken dozens of times in the past year—most notably in university settings at the University of Kentucky and at the College of the Holy Cross in Worcester, MA.
10. Big Picture Speech for 12 and older. In April of 2013, I made a 75-minute to four groups of sixth graders (a total of 220 kids). I am comfortable speaking to almost any age group. Click here for the details of my recent presentations at a middle school in CT.
Fees, logistics, topics, etc. My presentations can range anywhere from 30 minutes to three hours — it is totally dependent on the needs and interests of your group. I could even conduct a full-day seminar for a group of executives. My fee schedule is simple:
- $2,000 (plus expenses) for keynote speeches at your commercial venue.
- OR $600 (plus expenses) for giving informal talks or lectures for non-profits, colleges and universities.
I am equally comfortable speaking to vegan/vegetarian groups or to mainstream audiences—and can tailor my presentation to fit the profile of your group. Click here for a sample “Introduction.” If you have any questions, please give me a call at the number listed below.
Please contact me:
Blogging daily at hpjmh.com…from the seaside village of Stonington, Connecticut – Be well and have a great day.