This page contains three videos related to the CNN special, The Last Heart Attack with Dr. Sanjay Gupta that first aired in late August of 2011.
- The first video is a 4-minute segment during which Dr. Gupta is being interviewed by Ali Velshi, a co-host of American Morning on CNN. Sanjay makes it very clear to Ali in this video that he completely “gets it” after working for months to produce “The Last Heart Attack Special.
- The second video is just two minutes and features Dr. Esselstyn and one of his patients who just said NO to surgery and proceeded to reverse her heart disease with parsnips, greens and sweet potatoes.
- Finally, the entire 40-minute special with Dr. Sanjay Gupta. It features President Clinton and Dr. Esselstyn and compares two treatment regimens: Open hearth surgery or eating whole plants. Watch the video and then decide which option is best for you.
Ali Velshi of CNN interviews Dr. Gupta
[blip.tv http://blip.tv/play/4E6C0LgZAg width=”480″ height=”300″]
Before watching the entire 40-minute special—Take a look at the two-minute highlight below—featuring Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn and Sharon Kintz, one of his patients.
Two-minute highlight with Dr. Gupta and Dr. Esselstyn
Entire 40-Minute Special—CNN, August 2011
For more on heart disease, visit the Heart Disease (#1 killer) page under the “Diseases” tab on this site. Want more information? Here are a handful of blogs that I posted in the few weeks following that great CNN special.
- ConsumerReports. Deceptive “confusion” on Heart Disease (posted on 9-18-11)
- Bill Clinton — social change, urgency and activism (posted on 9-12-11)
- Gupta over Oz…when it comes to CLARITY! (posted on 9-5-11)
- “The Last Heart Attack” on CNN (My review) + link to video (posted on 8-29-11)
Want to help eliminate heart disease? Share this page with everyone you know—not just people you think might be sick. As Dr. Esselstyn says, many millions of people (who think they’re in great health) already have coronary artery disease—they just haven’t had their first heart attack yet.
Handy 4-piece take-charge-of-your-health kit—from Amazon.com
- The movie that’s changing the lives of millions: Forks Over Knives DVD
- Healthy Eating, Healthy World, The “big picture” about food (our book)
- An essential scientific resource: The China Study by Dr. T. Colin Campbell
- Dr. McDougall’s new book, The Starch Solution, with lots of great recipes.
Want to find out how healthy your family is eating? Take our free 4Leaf Diagnostic Survey. It takes less than five minutes and you can score it yourself. After taking the survey, please give me your feedback as it will be helpful in the development of our future 4Leaf app for smartphones. Send feedback to email@example.com
International. We’re now reaching people in over 100 countries. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter or get daily blog notices by “following” us in the top of the right-hand column. For occasional updates, join our periodic mailing list.
To order more of my favorite books—visit our online BookStore now
Got a question? Let me hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or give me a call on my cell at 917-399-9700.
Blogging daily at hpjmh.com…from the seaside village of Stonington, Connecticut – Be well and have a great day.
—J. Morris Hicks, board member, T. Colin Campbell Foundation