It’s time to start cooking with 4Leaf
Hi, my name is Lisa Hicks; my husband is Jason Hicks and my father-in-law is J. Morris Hicks. In their 2011 book, Healthy Eating — Healthy World, the 4Leaf Program was introduced in Chapter 10 but there were no recipes.
Now we have recipes. We wish you the very best as you take charge of your health and the health of your family. We expect to continue adding healthy recipes to this page indefinitely.
Most-recent recipes are listed first:
- Lisa’s 4Leaf Kitchen—Roasted Cauliflower & Chickpea Tahini Medley (6-23-14)
- Quinoa & white bean veggie burger (4-28-14)
- Sweet Potato Kale Soup (3-18-14)
- Bulgur Loaf & Cashew Gravy (2-7-14)
- Herb Stuffed Potatoes (posted 1-2-14)
- Red Lentil Vegetable Soup (2-10-13)
- Garbanzo Bean Tomato Soup (1-16-13)
- Three Sisters Casserole with Polenta (posted 12-15-12)
- Just in time for the holidays; Millet Almond Rounds (posted 11-11-12)
- Karen’s Indian Spice Cauliflower (posted 6-3–12)
- Diana’s Avocado Mexican Salad (posted 5-1-12, just in time for Cinco de Mayo)
- Lisa’s 4Leaf Simple Stir-Fry (without the oil) (posted 3-30-12)
- Hearty 4Leaf Black Bean Soup; probably the healthiest soup you’ll ever eat. (posted 3-2-12)
- Sarah’s Perfect 4Leaf Portabellas! a big hit at our first 4Leaf Dinner Party. (posted 2-10-12)
- “Cream” of Broccoli 4Leaf Soup; hold the cream (posted 1-29-12)
- Lisa’s Smashing 4Leaf Rice and Lentil Burgers (posted 1-19-12)
- Lisa’s 4Leaf Chickpea “You Just Can’t Have One” Patties (posted 1-11-12)
- Sailors Super 4Leaf Lunch (or dinner) two versions one with bread/hummus, one without (posted 1-5-12)
- Sailors Daily 4Leaf Oatmeal, originally created by Jim, it remains one of his favorites. (posted 1-2-12)
- Almost 4Leaf Vegetable Lasagna; a very healthy 3Leaf crowd-pleasing entree (posted 12-31-11)
- Lentil 4Leaf Shepherd’s Pie; a hearty dish that will warm your soul (posted 12-20-11)
- Shawn’s 4Leaf Brussels Sprouts, a super healthy dish that everyone loves (posted 12-16-11)
- Andrew’s 4Leaf Kale Soup; a favorite of 9-year-old Andrew Hicks (posted 12-8-11)
- Lisa’s 4Leaf Chili…from three beans to four leaves (posted 11-30-11)
Most of the recipes on this page will be at the 4Leaf level, that is, deriving over 80% of their calories from whole plants. Occasionally, you will find a 3Leaf or maybe even a 2Leaf recipe on this page. We will include them because everyone likes to have a little flexibility in their plant-based eating. To clarify, our 2Leaf and 3Leaf recipes will never contain any animal products, but will simply derive a fair amount of their calories from such plant-based foods as tofu, pasta or bread. Not bad for you, just not whole plants.
Want a printer-friendly 4Leaf Scoring Chart for your refrigerator? Click here for a handy PDF one-pager.
From Lisa with love…If you have questions, please email me at: email@example.com.
If you like what you see here, you may wish to join our periodic mailing list. And if you like what 4Leaf eating is doing for you and your family, you might enjoy visiting our new “4Leaf Gear” store. From the seaside village of Stonington, Connecticut – Be well and have a great day.