Perfect for Cinco de Mayo this weekend
This delicious recipe came from my sister-in-law, Diana, who seemed to effortlessly throw it together. This recipe is perfect for a warm day!
- 2 cups of black beans
- 2 cups of corn
- 2 cups of artichokes, defrosted if using frozen and coarsely cut
- 3 avocados, diced
- 2 cups of grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 4 cups of brown rice, cooked ahead of time
- 2 cups of spinach, chopped
- 1 cup of cilantro, chopped and separated
- 2 Tbsps of lime juice, plus more for rice
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of agave nectar
- Cook the brown rice and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine black beans, corn, artichokes, avocados, grape tomatoes and spinach and mix.
- In a small mixing bowl, add 1/2 cup of cilantro, lime joyce, garlic powder, agave nectar, and apple cider vinegar. Mix well.
- Add the dressing to the mixture and mix.
- Mix 1/2 cup of cilantro and 2 tablespoons of lime juice to the brown rice (heated or cold) and stir.
- To serve, add desired amount of brown rice and place mixture over it.
For a “printer-friendly” one-pager, ideal on your fridge with a magnet—Just click here for a PDF.
Let me hear from you: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you like what 4Leaf eating is doing for you and your family, you might enjoy visiting our new “4Leaf Gear” store. From the New England village of Holden, Massachusetts — Be well and have a great day.
If you’d like to order our book on Amazon, visit our BookStore now. Also some great recipe books.